Volunteer Opportunity! Dundee Design Festival
Get involved with the Dundee Design Festival as part of our volunteer team. We have opportunities for volunteering throughout the festival which include roles within event support, front of house and invigilation.
If you would like to be part of the festival check out the full details below and get in touch!
Volunteer Job Specification
Dundee Design Festival 24th – 28th May 2016
West Ward Works, 19 Guthrie Street, Dundee, DD1 5BR
24th – 28th May 2016 Various shifts available
Purpose of Volunteer Role
Working to deliver the first design festival in Dundee, the UNESCO City of Design team are looking to recruit volunteers to assist with Front of House duties for the duration of the festival.
Between 25th & 28th May 2016 the Design Festival will run at West Ward and include an exciting programme of activities, talks, tours and a design exhibition running from 9am – 10:30pm across the four days. There are a number of volunteering opportunities available across the four days and pre-event briefings and familiarisation will be included as part of this role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- You must be a friendly and outgoing individual, happy to talk to visitors about the Dundee Design Festival and promote its activities where possible.
- Steward events and workshops, check tickets and assist audience movement throughout the event
- Meet and greet public and artists.
- Oversee areas of the festival and be confident in reporting incidents to festival organisers.
- Have a working knowledge of the event programme and be confident in discussing and directing events to visitors.
To apply please contact Leanne Roberts
Tel: 01382 307 481 email: email@example.com
Applications must be submitted by Tuesday 10th May 2016 to be considered for this position.