Dundee Design Festival 2017: Factory Floor Exhibition – Call for Designers
Dundee Design Festival announce a nationwide call for designers and makers to take part in a vast installation, ‘Factory Floor’.
Deadline: 5pm, Monday 27th March
In May 2017, Dundee Design Festival returns to West Ward Works. The festival will use the rich backdrop of this former print factory as context in which to describe what making means now.
‘Factory Floor’ celebrates new makers and their machines. Featuring designers whose work embraces experimental processes and innovation in materials, this exhibition marks a moment in post industrial production where craft and technology combine.
Playful, bold, and unpredictable, ‘Factory Floor’ will showcase the new objects and ideas emerging from studios and workshops from the UK and around the globe. The exhibition will confidently mix craft and design, products and prototypes, models and maquettes, the tried-and-failed, and the interventions and errors that find their way in to digital techniques and make for radical forms.
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date for submissions is 5pm, Monday 27th March. Entries received after this deadline will not be accepted.
Designers must provide:
• A completed application form;
• A short statement (200 words) responding to the theme ‘factory floor’;
• Links to up to five works for consideration.
Applications must be made online by visiting dundeedesignfestival.com and completing a simple Google Form.
Please direct any queries about the application process to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Works will be selected by a panel represented by Stacey Hunter of Local Heroes, independent design curatorial practice Panel, and V&A Museum of Design Dundee.
Successful applicants will be notified via email by Friday 31st March.
• Factory Floor is open to designers working in (but not limited to) the fields of ceramics, glass, jewellery, architecture, interiors, furniture, product, fashion, textiles, games, digital and service design.
• We welcome applications from designers living both in and outside the UK.
• We are unable to accept applications from undergraduate or postgraduate students currently enrolled on a degree course.
• Only applications submitted online will be considered.
Each exhibiting designer will receive £200 towards travel costs. Return shipping and insurance for all works will be covered by Dundee Design Festival.
Please note, though there may be means to sell work after the close of the festival, none of the work included in the exhibition can be sold on site.
For further information, please contact email@example.com, or visit http://www.dundeedesignfestival.com/