Call for Projects: Shenzhen Design Week 2018
UNESCO City of Design Shenzhen have opened a call for projects for this year’s Shenzhen Design Week.
The Shenzhen Design Week takes place every year in late April and is the largest and highest level international professional design event in Shenzhen, covering the widest range of categories. It aims to establish an international platform integrating exchange, promotion, display and education activities, to create a number of branded projects, to promote the exchange and collaboration between Shenzhen and other regions in design sector, and to supply a platform for foreign designers and design companies to enter Chinese market.
This year’s Shenzhen Design Week, with the theme of ‘Possibilities of Design’, will open on April 20 and conclude on April 30. The main venue is to be set at the Sea World Culture and Arts Center in Shekou, and the Museum of Contemporary Art and Urban Planning in downtown area.
The team in Shenzhen are now calling for projects from all UNESCO Creative Cities for the exhibition of creative cities entitled the Possibilities of Design: UCCN Perspectives, which will be one of the key events of Shenzhen Design Week 2018.
The applicants need to submit detailed information including:
1) The title, outline and details of the projects and at least three high-definition images (1024 x 768 pixels at least, in JPEG format, with a resolution of 300 dpi or more);
2) The profiles of the applicants and teams (including resumes and achievements, etc.), as well as photos and contact information;
3) Installation requirements, if applicable;
4) Stories or exhibiting experience of the projects, if any.
The specific requirements and conditions are as follows:
1) While in general applicants of approved projects should cover the shipping and insurance cost, the curator will select maximum 30 best projects for which the Secretariat will cover the shipping and insurance, if needed.
2) The projects can vary in disciplines, including but not limited to graphic, industrial and product, fashion, architecture, interior, interactive installation, media arts, etc.
3) The authors of approved projects should sign an agreement with the organiser, Shenzhen City of Design Promotion Association (SDPA), the text of which will be provided by the Secretariat.
All projects should be submitted before 15th March 2018. The result will be sent to all applicants before 31st March. Objects of selected projects should arrive in Shenzhen before 10th April. The exhibition opens on 20th April and will last for about 15 days.
For more details, please get in touch with Andy – email@example.com